- All staff, faculty and students must wear masks in the building.
- Intensive cleaning before, during and after the school day.
- Setting up the classrooms to maintain social distancing.
- Handwashing and sanitizing stations throughout the buildings.
- Monitor your child's health by taking daily temperatures
- Keep your child home if unwell
- Pick up your child promptly if he or she becomes unwell during the school day
- Follow the travel restriction guidelines
- Prepare your child to wear a mask and practice social distancing in school
Guidelines For Sending Your Child To School for minor Illness
Sometimes it is confusing to decide to send your child to school, I would like to share some guidelines to help you decide if your child is well enough to come to school. (These do not take into account any COVID-19 protocals in place.)
- Fever-Your child should be fever-free (100’ F is considered a fever) for 24 hours before returning to school. A normal temperature is one not masked by the effects of acetaminophen or ibuprofen. Very often children feel better in the morning and then by afternoon their temperature has returned.
- Vomiting/diarrhea-Your child should not have vomited or had diarrhea for 24 hours before returning to school. They should have eaten 2 meals and have kept them down.
- Strep Throat-If your child has strep throat they must be on the antibiotics for 24 hours.
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye)- your child must be on antibiotic eye drops for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Cough/Cold-Keep your child home if they have a cough that is persistent and productive coupled with thick or constant nasal drainage.
- Head Lice- Your child must have been treated and nits removed before returning to school. Upon return to school they must report to the health office to be checked and cleared.
- Impetigo- is a very contagious blistery skin infection, usually on the face. Your child must see their MD and be on antibiotics for a full 24 hours. The lesions must be covered on their return to school
I hope this information helps you in helping me to keep Deerfield School healthy this year.
I think or know I had COVID-19, and I had symptoms
You can be around others after:
- 10 days since symptoms first appeared and
- 24 hours with no fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and
- Other symptoms of COVID-19 are improving*
*Loss of taste and smell may persist for weeks or months after recovery and need not delay the end of isolation
Most people do not require testing to decide when they can be around others; however, if your healthcare provider recommends testing, they will let you know when you can resume being around others based on your test results.
Note that these recommendations do not apply to persons with severe COVID-19 or with severely weakened immune systems (immunocompromised). These persons should follow the guidance below for “I was severely ill with COVID-19 or have a severely weakened immune system (immunocompromised) due to a health condition or medication. When can I be around others?”
MILLBURN SCHOOLS COVID 19 TESTING
The District is continuing to coordinate with Back to Work Solutions to provide weekly PCR Covid-19 testing, and we hope all of our school community will take advantage of it on a weekly basis, to keep our students and staff safe and healthy and in school.
Tests are offered at Millburn High School on Tuesdays, from 3:15 to 5:30 pm, and at Hartshorn School on Thursdays, from 4:15 - 6:15 pm.
To sign up, please follow these simple steps:
- Register for a Telemed online appointment. Meet online with a Telemed doctor to get your prescription for testing.
- The Telemed doctor will approve you for Covid testing, and email you a prescription for the Covid test, and a link to sign up for an appointment at the school test site/time of your choice.
- You must print out and bring the paper prescription with you for your PCR test to be sent to the lab. They cannot use information from your phone. The schools do not have printers available. If you forget the form you will need to return home to print it out.
Register Here: https://
PLEASE REMEMBER TO PRINT OUT THE PRESCRIPTION THAT WILL BE EMAILED TO YOU. YOU MUST HAVE THE PAPER PRESCRIPTION WITH YOU FOR EACH PERSON BEING TESTED.