VACANCY IN MILLBURN BOARD OF EDUCATION
The Millburn Board of Education announces a vacancy for a Board position, effective January 2023, due to the resignation of Jamie Serruto.
The Board, within the powers delegated to it by law, is the policy-making legislative branch of the Millburn School District. The individual selected will serve as a member of the Board of Education from the date of appointment (anticipated January 23, 2023) through December 31, 2023.
Interested individuals must be:
- A citizen of the United States of America
- At least 18 years of age
- Able to read and write
- A resident of Millburn Township for at least (1) year preceding the date of
- Not directly/indirectly interested in a contract with, or a claim against, the Board
- Registered to vote in the District
- Not disqualified as a voter pursuant to NJSA 19:4-1
The successful candidate will need to undergo a criminal history background check upon appointment.
Any qualified Millburn resident interested in serving the children of our school district should submit a letter of interest and resume to:
Ms. Cheryl Schneider
Business Administrator/Board Secretary
Millburn Board of Education
434 Millburn Avenue
Millburn, NJ 07041
Applications will be accepted until 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 5, 2023. Candidates will be offered the opportunity to make a 3-minute public statement at the January 9, 2023 Board of Education meeting.