On Monday August 10, we are holding an additional Board of Education meeting to continue to share information with all of you about our planning for returning to school.
This virtual meeting will be hosted by Webex which will allow for all interested residents to view and participate in public comments.
- LINK TO WATCH BOARD MEETING:
Event # 135 642 6519 Event Password: millburn
- DIAL IN TO MEETING:
- The public can also listen to the meeting by telephone at:
- +1-415-655-0002 Access code: 135 642 6519
***View the Meeting and Participate
- To view the meeting and participate in public comments, you must log in via the web on a computer, or through the Webex App on a tablet or phone.
- During the meeting, when there is time set aside for participants to ask questions or speak, you will need to have connected through the link above so you can raise your digital hand indicating your desire to speak at those designated times.
- You must click on the icon to “Raise Your Hand” next to your name in the participant list
- The audio for public commenters will be unmuted by the meeting moderator during the Public Comment session.
Please click the link below to enter the meeting:
(Event # 135 642 6519 Event Password: millburn)
***Listen to the Meeting
If you only want to listen to the meeting you can call in using the number below. Please note, you will only be able to listen to the meeting. You will not be able to participate in public comments.
To call in, dial: +1-415-655-0002 (Access code: 135 642 6519).
- The First Public Comment period will be limited to comments regarding the Presentations and Agenda Items ONLY.
- Please state your name and address for the record.
- Public comments will be limited to three minutes.
- Responses to questions and comments will be posted to the district website before the next board meeting or within ten school days.
Bylaw 0167 - Public Participation in Board Meetings
The Board of Education recognizes the value of public comment on educational issues and the importance of allowing members of the public to express themselves on school matters of community interest. In order to permit the fair and orderly expression of such comment, the Board shall provide for two periods of public comments at every regularly scheduled meeting of the Board.
Public participation shall be governed by the following rules:
- A participant must be recognized by the presiding officer and must preface comments by an announcement of his or her name, place of residence, and group affiliation, if appropriate.
- Each statement made by a participant shall be limited to a reasonable time as determined by the presiding officer.
- No participant may speak more than once on the same topic until all others who wish to speak on that topic have been heard.
- All statements shall be directed to the presiding officer; no participant may address or question Board members individually.
- The presiding officer may
(a) Interrupt, warn, or terminate a participant's statement when the statement is too lengthy, personally directed, abusive, obscene, or irrelevant to the district;
(b) Request any individual to leave the meeting when that person does not observe reasonable decorum;
(c) Request the assistance of law enforcement officers in the removal of a disorderly person when that person's conduct interferes with the orderly progress of the meeting;
(d) Call for a recess or an adjournment to another time when the lack of public decorum so interferes with the orderly conduct of the meeting as to warrant such action; and waive these rules when necessary for the protection of privacy or the efficient administration of the Board's business.
The complete meeting agenda can be found on here: AGENDA LINK
Board Meeting Documents will be found in the Handouts Folder, which will be open at the time of the start of the meeting.
The agenda is also attached as a PDF in this email for your convenience.
Millburn Township Public Schools